This refreshing summer drink you can optionally add a bit of Bourbon.
- For ginger syrup::
- sugar: 1 Cup
- water: 1 Cup
- chopped ginger: 1/4 Cup
- For the lemonade::
- fresh lemon juice: 1 Cup
- ginger syrup: 1 Cup
- water: 2 cups
- Bourbon: optional
- sprigs of fresh rosemary: for filing
- ice: for filing
- slices of lemon: for filing
Cooking time: 40 min | servings: 4-6 servings
1. Prepare the ginger syrup: bring 1 Cup sugar, 1 Cup water and ginger slices to a boil in a medium saucepan. Boil 2 minutes, remove from heat. Allow to stand for 30 minutes, and then strain through a sieve or cheesecloth.
2. In a large pitcher, mix sugar syrup, 2 cups water and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Add the Bourbon.
3. To pour the drink in glasses with ice and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary and slices of lemon.