Mulled wine is a popular winter drink, because it is used hot.
- wine: 1 bottle
- cinnamon: 2 sticks
- carnation: 6 buds
- orange: 1/2
- sugar: to taste
How to cook mulled wine don’t know everything, although it is quite simple. In cooking there are hundreds of recipes for mulled wine, but the basis of the drink – the same: wine, cinnamon, cloves, zest and sugar/honey. Also, the mulled wine you can add: ginger (2 cm.), star anise (2-3 pieces), nutmeg, cardamom (2-3 pods), allspice, anise, raisins. To make delicious mulled wine, you need to follow some rules.
- Use only whole spices to the drink does not become turbid.
- Lemon zest is not necessary to grate, and it is better to cut a special device for cleaning of vegetables.
- You cannot add in the wine from all the spiciness, because it’s hard to determine how a particular additive affects the taste of the drink.
- You can use cheap red wine because its taste because of the abundance of spices, still it will be difficult to determine.
- To flavor mulled wine, you can add slices of fruit: apples, oranges, etc.
- If instead of sugar used honey, then add it necessary in the end to preserve the nutrients.
- You can add mulled wine to the spirits.
- If there is no thermometer to record the desired temperature, then heat the wine need to until it is now beginning to boil. Boil the wine impossible.
- Pour the wine into the pan, turn on medium heat.
- Add spices, orange zest, sugar to taste.
- Heated to 75℃, remove from heat
- Cover the pan with a lid, keep it for 10 minutes.
You can first brewing spices in a little water, give them writing a rolling boil for a few minutes. Then let the mix steep enough 10 minutes. All this poured into a bowl of hot wine.