The famous Thai soup with prawns (kung) and coconut milk.
The soup will cook with galangal. It is therefore not just Tom Yam and ‘Kha’ ( Thai- galangal/Thai ginger). To cook very quickly and easily, the main thing — to stock up on spices-spices.⠀Mushrooms today I have a very cute — winter or Enoki mushrooms.
1 liter of chicken broth;
200 ml coconut milk;
300 g peeled shrimp;
200 g of mushrooms (champignons, oyster mushrooms, Enoki);
3-4 bulbs of shallots or 1 small onion.
Other vegetables upon request and availability: tomatoes, broccoli, baby corn, cauliflower — 200 g.⠀
3-4 sticks of lemongrass;
5 cm peeled galangal* (cut into thin slices;
*galangal in its absence, is often substituted for the ginger. But ginger needs to take less than 1.5-2 times.
5-6 kafir lime leaves (bruised with a knife or notched along the entire length);
2 lime — the juice — 3-4 tbsp;
3-5 chili peppers (depending on your love for spicy);
2 tbsp fish sauce;
If you have a jar of Tom yum paste — excellent!
1. Prepare all ingredients: cut the mushrooms, onions (can be large pieces — who doesn’t love will put aside, but the taste of the soup will be); vegetables, small slices; squeeze the juice from lime, lemongrass cut into 3-5 pieces or make deep cuts across the length to better give the flavor; peel and chop galangal.
2. Bring to a boil the broth, put the onion, lemongrass, bell pepper, kafir lime leaves, galangal. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes — let them give their aromas and flavors the broth.
3. Drop the vegetables, mushrooms and shrimp and cook until tender about 10 minutes (everything is cooked very quickly). If you take already pink (podvarennoe) shrimp, they are enough for 5 minutes, then put later.
4. If there are ready-made Tom yum paste — you can put it, reducing the amount of pepper. I usually add 1 heaping tsp. And pepper still leave — we love spicy!
5. Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice (initially 3, then another one if you want).. cook all together on low heat for another couple minutes and you’re done! Check the salt, fish sauce and so salty, but maybe you need more. Ready soup sprinkle with cilantro.
Thai soups are usually served with boiled rice to mitigate. Nice 🔥🔥🔥
This soup need to cook here is a Thai rice