For fans of the first course, this recipe, of course, is not a revelation. And for those who are just learning or trying to cook something from the traditional Russian “repertoire” — that would be great! Soup turn out hearty, but, thanks to lean beef, is not heavy, so do not worry for the extra calories, here there is nothing superfluous: everything right, especially on chilly days when you want something hot. Cooking?
Ingredients for 5 liters pot:
0,8-1 kg of beef* (if on the bone, then take more is 1.3 — 1.5 kg);
5 medium potatoes (350-400 g);
300-400 g of fresh cabbage;
2 tomatoes or 2 tbsp tomato paste;
salt-pepper, 2-3 leaves of Laurel;
a handful of dried roots (parsley, celery) — if there is;
* “How to choose meat: what meat to what is suitable”>>>>
1. Cook the beef broth: pour the meat 4 liters of water and cook until tender, depending on the piece is approximately 1.5 hours, if the meat on the bone, you may need more time. Remove the foam as soon and pour boiling water as boiling broth. Readiness is checked by piercing a knife easily into the flesh and the meat separates easily from bones. Sprinkle with salt about an hour after cooking, I put 1 tbsp. of salt without slides: and then another doselevel soup at the end.
More detailed options can be found here:
* how to cook a delicious beef broth
2. While cooking meat, you can do everything you need to prepare:
cut onion into small cubes;
carrots cut into strips or grate on a coarse grater (I love straws);
tomatoes peel and cut into cubes. To more easily peel the tomatoes, cut them cross-on-cross and fill in for a few minutes in hot water peel easier separated;
shinkuem cabbage, but not too long strips;
in the end (did not have time to turn brown) cut the potato cubes or wedges;
3. Now prepare the onion (the onion is necessary for the vegetables were more tasty and all the fat-soluble vitamins are better absorbed):
heat the pan, pour oil (about 3 tbsp);
throw the onion and fry it, stirring occasionally, until soft-brown colour, avoiding burning…
now add the carrots and, stirring, fry (saute) all together until it will turn brown.
after a couple minutes add our tomatoes. If you have tomato paste and it is thick, add a ladle of broth from the pot.
Simmer on low heat all together for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent any burning. Turn off the heat leave to the desired time.
4. When the meat is cooked, remove it from broth. If you had meat on the bone, the broth is better to drain.
And the broth sent potatoes, again bring the broth to a boil and let boil 7 minutes. If you have dried roots, throw them now.
5. Now add the contents of the pan. Cook all together on low fire for 5-7 minutes more.
6. Now will be the turn of cabbage. Her cook for 7-12 minutes depending on the varieties (autumn varieties require more time), and too much to digest is also not necessary — the consistency becomes not the same.
7. Meanwhile, cut the meat into pieces and put in a saucepan.
8. Check the salinity, if necessary doselevel, throw Bay leaf, crushed pepper. Give the soup to simmer for another couple minutes and you’re done!
Ready! Give the soup infuse for 10 minutes and you can taste. Don’t forget about the greens.